The Basic Rider Course (BRC) is for people with little or no experience riding motorcycles, who want to learn. Students must possess a VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE. Training motorcycles are provided. Successful completion of this course fulfills the requirements of the State approved novice rider course for licensing, leaving only the "written" test to be taken with the DMV to obtain endorsement. CT Basic Rider Course completion certificates are also accepted by RI and Mass.
The Basic Rider Course is 2 Days.
The Experienced Rider Course (ERC) is designed to accommodate LICENSED riders with ENDORSEMENT. Riders must have a minimum of 500 miles or over 6 months rider experience. Students must provide their own motorcycles.
The Advanced Rider Course (ARC) is designed to accommodate LICENSED riders with ENDORSEMENT. Riders must have a minimum of 500 miles or over 6 months rider experience. Students must provide their own motorcycles.
- Gloves that cover fingers and palms
- Boots that cover your ankles
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
- Long, non-flare pants made of denim or more durable material
- Eye protection
- DOT-compliant Helmet (if you have one, otherwise one will be provided)
- Own registered motorcycle (ERC & ARC)
- Complete the MSTC & State of CT Online Registration & Payment
- Sign Release Waivers & Indemnification Statement which will be sent to your email upon registration & payment completion.
(if under age 18, parental signature required)
- Come to class at least 15 minutes prior to class start. Bring your signed Release Waivers & Indemnification Statement.